In no way do I intended to cut-and-paste the content of A Course in Miracles into my posts. However, the list of 50 Principles of Miracles really is must-read material, so I will put 10 of the principles into a blog post for the next 5 weeks along with some other “must-have” materials related to A Course in Miracles (ACIM).
Marianne Williamson’s FREE (Donation Optional)
Marianne re-popularized ACIM in the 90s with her book A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles.” Twenty-five years later, she is still the ultimate speaker on the subject and generously offers a weekly livestream lecture that runs about an hour, followed by a brief 10-minute meditation and prayer then almost an hour of Q & A from the audience and on-line. The talks are Tuesday nights from New York City then available on Livestream for 72 hours following. YOU DO HAVE TO REGISTER FOR THE TALK EVERY WEEK which is easy if you join her e-mail list. You then receive a weekly email reminding you to register. If you have Livestream on Roku, the talks are there even if you are not registered.
If you are unfamiliar with Marianne Williamson, I will give a heads up that she is VERY politically active. She ran for the US Congress when she lived in California. Even if that turns you off, hang in there. She really does do a great job on the heart of A Course in Miracles.
And as a side-note, it was her frequent comparisons of ACIM to the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous that were the knock in the head I needed to get sober. She is also quite brilliant at tying ACIM into other faith traditions. Remember, A Course in Miracles is for people of every religion and of no religion (I’m pretty sure that is a Marianne quotation). Here is the link to her website for the talks: http://marianne.com/livestream…
The First 10 Principles of Miracles from ACIM
1. There is no order of difficulty in miracles. One is not “harder” or “bigger” than another. They are all the same. All expressions of love are maximal.
2. Miracles as such do not matter. The only thing that matters is their Source, Which is far beyond evaluation.
3. Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. The real miracle is the love that inspires them. In this sense everything that comes from love is a miracle.
4. All miracles mean life, and God is the Giver of life. His Voice will direct you very specifically. You will be told all you need to know.
5. Miracles are habits, and should be involuntary. They should not be under conscious control. Consciously selected miracles can be misguided.
6. Miracles are natural. When they do not occur something has gone wrong.
7. Miracles are everyone’s right, but purification is necessary first.
are healing because they supply a lack; they are performed by those who
temporarily have more for those who temporarily have less.
9. Miracles are a kind of exchange. Like all expressions of love, which are always miraculous in the true sense, the exchange reverses the physical laws. They bring more love both to the giver and the receiver.
10. The use of miracles as spectacles to induce belief is a misunderstanding of their purpose.
My Faves from That List!
I italicized numbers 1 and 6 because they really rock my world. The realization that the miracle of the perfect parking space requires the same effort as getting sober requires the same effort as a baby materializing for us at the ripe-old ages of 45 and 50 is jaw-dropping. That each one of these miracles is natural and normal is jaw-dropping. Jaw-dropping because it implies ZERO judgment on God’s part, ZERO effort on my part and ZERO action to be “worthy” of a miracle.
All I did was see that I was loved just for existing and believed that I could be happy without expecting anything to change. Apparently, this is what most genuinely happy, connected people understand. My little one sure seems to get this. After spending 45 years believing I had to be perfect [a perfectly, obnoxious control freak] in order to be worthy of taking up space on the planet, this acceptance was deeply freeing.
It is challenging to stay in that place of feeling my own magnificence and accepting the magnificence of those in my life. But at least I know my ONLY job is to let go of anything that causes me to temporarily forget.
I hope that this website grows to include a study group of A Course in Miracles so we can remind each other. If this interests you, please feel free to reach out to me through any of my social media or by clicking on the email icon below.If you like this post, please share!by